Thursday, August 15, 2013

Eldar - Wraith Knight (Work in Progress)


This is my work in progress wraith knight. I prepped him to play at the Ordo Fanaticus Club Challenge 2013 in Vancouver, WA. I felt like I got him upto a good level of paint, however he is by no means finished. I was kind of crazy. I decided it would be a reward to paint this monster after finishing the rest of my army. So with one week till tounament time I primed him and set out to make him: 
1) Playable 
2) Match my army 
3) Look good on the table
4) All the rest is bonus work

The face troubled me for some time, only 3 redo's till I settled on the 8/10 pic. I may still repaint it again, but I am at least happy with it.
I was very happy with the purple on the Heavy D-Cannons. I borrowed teh star twinkel from my origional D-Cannons scheme.

1 comment:

  1. I like the new face a lot better. I also like the star pattern on the lances. I am kinda freaked out about doing my own Wraith Knight, not that I have one yet. The models is just straight up expensive, but in addition it is so big, and so dominant, that I think the "Hey look at me!" factor can make or break the army. Fortunately for you, the way this guy is turning out so far, I think you are in a good spot.

    Killer work.

    ReplyDelete