Bolter is a stand in (puttied on for the photo)
The build what is really going on here.
- Arms legs and chest - goal was the distinctive gold trim
- Scarab and Gem work - goal add some scarabs and gems around. I feel it makes a good break up of the model and is unique and easy to green stuff them on. Also kind of using them as a replacement to purity seal.
- Shoulderpads - Switching up to a more of a white trim, this is referenced in the book often in the descriptions.My white still is only one layer thus it looks crappy right now.
- Backpack - Since this is a base of a chaos marine, I just cut down the chaos back pack. Putting the exhaust up was just to make them slightly different than standard marines.
- Sash - My green stuff attempt at adding a little more flair to them like pic 2 below
- Helmet - This was I think the key to the model. Will have a few variants moving forward but liked this look.